Adam and Grant's Blog

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Tuesday AM - Hard to believe that I've gone a week without posting anything, but when I look back maybe it's not so hard to believe. Since Grant has been home, our world has completely changed, some for the good and some that will get better. The hardest thing for us is having to wake him up every 3 hours around the clock for feeding. It's another one of those premie things. The good news is that his pediatrician has extended the night feedings to every 4 hours beginning next week, and maybe to every 5 hours during the night if he continues to do well. Our first pediatrician's visit was yesterday and took a total of 3 hours, including a lab visit. Grant was given a clean bill of health, but we're waiting for some lab results to confirm everything. We discovered it's a major production to cart him around with all of his bags, monitors, equipment, etc., so we won't be taking him out for a while. The doctor doesn't want us doing any going out anyway because of his inability to fight bacteria and viruses.

Adam's surgery is scheduled for 2:30 PM today. This is the surgery to re-connect his small and large intestine. There's a lot of different scenarios that can happen, depending on what they find when they do the surgery. I'll try to post the results, but he has a lot of complications going on that are all interrelated. Just talking to the doctor about everything left me confused and exhausted.

I hope to post later today regarding anything we hear after Adam's surgery. We still need everyone's prayers and support as we try to get him healthy.

Sorry for the abrupt close, we are headed to the hospital...

1 Comments:

Blogger Aboleta said...

Dear Precious Family:

I stay silent and quiet to let my prayers for all of you, “resonate
on going” as you have so much going on in your lives. I keep remembering the beginings of your big picture and now keep my eyes on the positive results, which have challenges that only "you" have been divinely chosen to handle. Amazing job!!!! You are my number one family for courage and strength for the goodness of life; we can all learn to become. I believe everyone feels the same about all of you. I now know more about preemies and knowledge is an opportunity to bring more kindness, care, and of course love, to all of you. Prayers, Angels, and God are covering you now in a blanket of health and blessings, for all of you. Dear baby Adam…lots of special Angels are praying for you…I can hear them can you?


I miss you soooo much!

Blessings, Love and More....

Nanna

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home