Adam and Grant's Blog

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Sunday PM - Both boys were very happy today that the Longhorns defeated the Sooners. Their lucky hats had a lot to do with the victory.

The difference in having both kiddos in the same NICU and next to each other is amazing. If I haven't mentioned this before, the two NICU's are on different floors and at completely opposite ends of the hospital. Not having to go from one to the other maximizes our time spent with them. We're able to swap them back and forth with very little effort, and the photo opportunities are almost limitless. Somehow that doesn't jibe with the fact that we only got one picture today. But we'll get better if we get the chance. I say that because word came yesterday that Adam will be transferred on Tuesday of this week, barring an unforeseen hurricane or other natural disaster (seriously, that's what the doctor said). My uneducated guess is that the surgery will be done no earlier than Wedneday and no later than Friday. He's as ready as he'll ever be, weighing 2oz shy of 4lbs as of last night. He's still very feisty and still loves to be held. (I've decided that he and Grant look about as much like twins, at this stage anyway, as Danny Devito and Arnold Schwarzenegger: http://es.geocities.com/octopusmagnificens/twins.jpg See what you think.)

As of today, Grant is no longer taking milk through his NG tube. All feeds are now bottle except one per day by breast. Hopefully tomorrow the NG tube will be removed and the only things stuck to him will be the EKG and oxygen sensors. The isolette may also become a thing of the past if he continues to do well. We're trying to get ready for his discharge from the hospital, which ironically could be at or near the same time Adam has his surgery. For now we plan on staying at the apartment near the hospital until Adam is stabilized and we know what hospital he will be in and for how long.

Before I close, Heidi has asked if anyone knows of a good source for, or has any already, diaper coupons, please send them to us or email the link for online stuff. I'm not going to post our home address as this blog is public, so if you want to send us hard-copy coupons email me and I will reply with our home address.

That's it for tonight except for one last thing: O-negative blood. Donate if you can, Monday is probably the best time given the timeline.

Thanks, and goodnight.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ourea said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Ourea said...

Wayne - I read my comment and it had so many misspellings that I couldn't send it. Just finished putting in my bid for November with the new system and its a lot of typing - took two hours just to type it all in (phooey on the work that I could do in my head and now must do on the computer) Oh well. My piano playing will improve though. HOWEVER - TO THE BOYS. Glad to hear they are doing so well and Grant will be home soon. I didn't know they were a world apart in the hospital. Thought they were always side by side. It must be so much easier for you to see them. No wonder you looked so tired. Of course the hospital duty is exhausting anyway. I guess Adam's surgery can't be too critical if they keep postponing it. But it does hang over your head so will be nice to be on the other side of that one. Had a great website on my email for baby things after my daughter Chris had her daughter. I will see if I can find it for you as it had lots of coupons and offers. I think it was "babytobe" or something like that. WIll stop by the tower when I have time in Iah. Love to you all, and tell the boys to keep up the good work, Nancy

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home