Adam and Grant's Blog

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Tuesay AM - I woke up this morning and tried to remember the last time I posted. It was Saturday! Weekends are always a little hectic when things are normal, but this weekend and into Monday were even more so. First, we survived the October monsoons of Houston. Heidi cancelled a dentist appointment, but I was already out and about, having to be at work at 6:00 AM. Getting to work was interesting as the freeway I take from the hospital was flooded, but I made it OK.

We're not sure, but we think the doctors will tell us today whether Grant comes home today or tomorrow. Heidi was able to spend most of the day at the hospital yesterday, but I was only able to go for a couple of hours. When we got there last night, Grant was wide awake and looking around. It seemed like he was looking for us because feeding time was near. He was very calm and happy and glad to see us. After he ate, he and Heidi had a session of bonding that was fun to watch. While she held him in her lap and talked to him, he was very interested in what she was doing and his arms and hands were very active. He even reached up to her face and grabbed her nose. He's acting more like a 2 month old baby every day.

Heidi had a similar session with Adam during the day. Although he's not as far along as Grant, we can tell he's progressing. As you can see from the pictures he's wide awake and will also pay close attention to what you have to say as well as what's going on around him. He was sleeping very soundly when we saw him last night, and I wanted to let him sleep. But I couldn't resist and had the nurse take him out. It didn't really matter to him as he slept almost the entire time I held him. This Wednesday the doctors will come up with a schedule for his surgeries and decide when he will be dismissed. We still don't think it's going to be for at least several weeks, judging from what is happening with Grant.

Time to start the day and dry out...

1 Comments:

Blogger Aboleta said...

Dear Family:
You are my morning news for life...I have fallen "in Love," with your boys and the stories of their life’s and how they respond to you. It warms my heart with so much joy; it opens my heart to love more. Everyone is telling me...I have it bad! They are the true "miracles," you both have waited for and I bet you had no idea how much they would change all of us. Wayne your data is the BEST!! The photos are simple wonderful!!!! Kisses and hugs!!!!!

Happy Trails Today in Texas!!!! I am so happy to know all is going so well. Remember to up-date Target if you can. How many diapers will you need?

Love, love, love,

Nanna

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home