Adam and Grant's Blog

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Thursday Midnight - Everything is relative, but the last 36 or so hours have been crazier than usual. On Wednesday morning the doctors decided Adam was well enough to go back to the Progressive Care Unit (PCU), but at that particular time there were no beds available. What's more, his ICU room was needed by another patient, so we were moved into a semi-private room to wait. The wait turned out to be just over 24 hours. We're not sure why but Adam was extremely fussy to the point of being inconsolable. His breathing rate went up beyond normal, and the doctors decided to wait for his transfer. This morning he was still somewhat irritable, but not as bad as yesterday. He was transferred around 5 this afternoon, and is resting comfortably. I just came from visiting (and feeding) him, and I'm happy to report that his room is quieter which seems to make a difference for him. I'm just a Dad, but it seems that he may not have liked the room we were moved to while waiting. It was noisier, smaller, and just all around aggravating. I felt it and I believe he did as well. He is being fed 1 1/3 oz of formula every 3 hours and has FINALLY broken the 8 lb barrier, weighing 8 lbs 2 oz. We've been waiting a long time for that. It will be great if he can continue to improve without any further setbacks, and the doctors are going to increase his formula volume very slowly from this point on to hopefully avoid any problems.

I'm very tired and won't take the time to proofread this until tomorrow. Feel free to point out any mistakes, and I'll catch you on the next post...

1 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Keep the posts coming. Even though I don't get a chance to comment often, I do look forward to hearing about Adam's progress. I am glad all is going well. I know you can't wait for both boys to be home together!
Angie

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home