Adam and Grant's Blog

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Wednesday PM - I'ts later than I wanted to be since the last post, but most of what new has happened has been in the last day or so. Adam is making great strides with his bottle feeding, which is happening twice out of the eight times per day that he eats. He's getting close to an ounce per session, which is great progress for him. The therapist who is working with him is very encouraged. If we can get him eating an adequate amount through a bottle, he won't have to have a tube that runs directly into his stomach from the outside (this would be another surgery). His nasal cannula was also removed today which is also a big step. You can see his face, of which I took some digital photos today and hope to have them on the Walgreen's web page soon. Go ahead and look at the Walgreen's page now if you have the time, as I uploaded about two months worth of additional pictures today. Sorry, still no captions but email me if you have any questions.

Adam had to start the smurf medication after all. The good news is that it's having it's desired effect, and his heart rhythm looks great. We'll have to keep him out of the sun until he's off it, or use a lot of sunscreen and keep him covered. He's also very close to being weaned completely from his pain medication.

Grant seems to get bigger and more mature every time I see him. He laughs, tries to talk, and enjoys sitting in his bouncy toy and watching Barney (oh well, can't win them all). Heidi and I switched places again last night, and I stayed home with Grant. I'm not sure what was going on, but he slept for the better part of 7 hours. Of course, I didn't sleep that entire time because he's sort of restless and makes baby sounds and kicks a lot while he sleeps. But hopefully this is a step in the right direction.

Unless Heidi tells me otherwise, and she probably will, I think this gets everyone up to date. Check back in a day or so, and go to the pictures when you can...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home